Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The start of my kayaking adventure!

Mommy and Daddy have been trying to think of a way to take me kayaking and camping with them this summer. They searched all around town to find the perfect boat just for me. They had a hard time because the kayaks were too big and they worried that my paws would puncture an inflatable boat. Mommy even searched the internet for mini-kayaks, doggy boats and children's kayaks. 
One day they were driving home and saw a kayak sitting outside of the new sporting-goods consignment store. Mommy and Daddy went to look at the kayak and found that there was a second one for 50% off. It was light, short and PERFECT for me! 

 Mommy and Daddy bought it and brought it home for me. They brought it up to the living room so I could get used to it. They put my blankie in there and fed me dinner in it. I wasn't too sure about it at first but every time I'd go in there they'd give me treats. It took me awhile to get used to it but now I really like it. Mommy and Daddy say that we're going to start out slowly and put it in the water just for a little bit. I don't really like the ocean but Mommy and Daddy are so excited to go camping with me that I think it'll be ok.
I'm pretty excited to join Mommy and Daddy on their summer adventures and will definitely be blogging about them for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment